07dec(dec 7)9:00 am08(dec 8)5:00 pmSold Out!Phase One Certified Professional Training (POCP) - LA - December 2021Los Angeles | Dec 7-89:00 am - 5:00 pm (8) PT Digital Transitions Los Angeles, 3767 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90034
December 07-08 | Digital Transitions Los Angeles - 3767 Overland Avenue, Suite 106 Los Angeles, CA 90034 In our industry
December 07-08 | Digital Transitions Los Angeles – 3767 Overland Avenue, Suite 106 Los Angeles, CA 90034
In our industry today there are both traditional “Assistants” and a new type of person on the set which we call the Digital Technician or Operator. Quality and specialized knowledge among assistants can vary quite dramatically.
Digital Techs that have completed the Phase One Certified Professional Program will have received specialized training in Phase One equipment and software and will be listed in Phase One’s Certified Professional online database. Photographers are more likely to choose certified digital technicians to ensure that the tech they hire has the knowledge and experience to get the most out of the Phase One equipment and software on set.
Training takes place over a two-day period encompassing everything from efficient on-set workflow to troubleshooting to advanced software techniques. At the end of the two days it culminates with a certification exam. Those who pass the exam are given the title of Phase One Certified Professional and listed in the official Phase One database.
Training seminars will include a mixture of lecture and hands-on practice. You will have the opportunity to use the Phase One XF Camera System, a multitude of Schneider lenses and several different digital backs. The following topics will be covered during Training:
Phase One Digital Backs, Bodies & Lenses
- Capture One workflow, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Tethering hardware and troubleshooting.
- Phase One XF & XT camera systems
- Technical Cameras with Phase One backs.
- Image quality optimization.
- Phase One IQ4 & IQ3
- IQ4 remote control via Cascable
- X-Shutter Technology
- Situational usages with best setups for studio still life, location work, and more
Third Party Cameras
- Troubleshooting with Phase One Backs
- Recommended Setup
- Backup Procedures
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance
- iPad Tethering
Capture One Pro
- Advanced Tools
- Efficient Workflow
- Capture Pilot for remote control
Both days from 9am – 5pm (This is a two-day course.)
$499 – new attendee
$299 – recertification
Capture One Pro – $150 (optional)
Program Fee Provides Access to the Following:
- Receive an option for a discounted full license of Capture One Pro upon sign up
- Get listed on Digital Transitions’ and Phase One’s website as a “Phase One Certified” Digital Tech.
- Get shooting time with the new Phase One XF Camera System & Phase One digital backs.
- License to Phase One pre-requisite online courses.*
Pricing Update for 2021:
The price for POCP has not changed in 11 years and will remain the same for 2021. However, we are no longer able to include a Capture One Pro license as part of the standard class fee. That said…
- Capture One and Phase One have arranged to offer a Capture One Pro license (for every camera) at 150 USD. This will be an optional add-on to the course. This offer is only available when you register for and attend a POCP event.
- A Capture One for Phase One license will be provided at no additional cost, so everyone still has access to the latest version. Capture One for Phase One licenses allow full use of Capture One, with the limitation that it only works with Phase One raw files and camera systems.
- Two full days, 9am – 5pm
- Lunch will be provided. (Pizza, Salads, Sandwiches, Snacks, Coffee, Water, Sodas)
- We recommend that you bring a laptop to the training
- Course info will be emailed to you after your registration is processed
- If you are reserving a recertification ticket, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your ticket
- If you have more specific questions regarding the Phase One Certified Professional Program, please email email@example.com
*As we will build on the information from the online courses during the training, you MUST complete all courses before the POCP event. Each course is a mixture of articles and videos and includes 1-2 short quizzes. You can take the quizzes as many times as necessary but you must get an 80% to move forward within the course. We expect that the entire online course should not take more than 5 hours total.
We will require proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination at least 2 weeks prior to the event. At some locations, we may also require a negative test within 72 hours.
Class sizes have always been small, but we may further restrict access based on the amount of space available at the venue. Additional measures, such as masking, will be determined in accordance with local guidance closer to each event.
As local guidelines change there may be additional or last minute changes to these policies to protect the health and safety of our staff and guests.
Refunds & Rescheduling Policies:
Please be sure that you are available to attend both days of training and will be able to complete your Qualification Tests prior to signing up for the course. Our policy is that we do not offer rescheduling options as it is difficult to fill open seats so close to the training, as attendees require time to take their qualification tests.
Please also note that there are no refunds, as once you have signed up and paid.
7 (Tuesday) 9:00 am - 8 (Wednesday) 5:00 pm PT
Digital Transitions Los Angeles
3767 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90034
Training takes place over a two-day period encompassing everything from efficient on-set workflow to troubleshooting to advanced software techniques. At the end of the two days, it culminates with a certification exam. Those who pass the exam are given the title of Phase One Certified Professional and listed in the official Phase One database.
Training seminars will include a mixture of lecture and hands-on practice. You will have the opportunity to use the Phase One XF Camera System, a multitude of Schneider lenses and several different digital backs.